Electrical Safety Audit
Electrical Safety Audits
Apogee consultancy is a reliable to offers that excellent services for Electrical Safety Audits. We have a team of highly experienced engineers and other workers, all of whom are efficient in furnishing these services as per predefined guidelines of the industry. Further, we make use of modern machines and technologies in order to perform these audits. Our offered audits are highly appreciated by our clients for its accuracy, effective documentation and timely completion.
Electrical hazards continue to threaten safety of people and property in the form of shocks, burns, injury, fire and explosion. With electricity having become an indispensable part of our life, electrical risks are to be managed effectively.
In process industries, fires due to electrical reasons are very probable, especially in industries that handle flammable chemicals. In service industries such as information technology, telecommunications, banking and other commercial establishments, business interruption losses due to electrical hazards (fire in server room, damage of expensive communication equipment, loss of data, fire in cable gallery, etc.) could be substantial.
Typical scope of study
- Verification of statutory compliance with respect to BNBC & NFPA (Electrical) standard.
- Physical inspection to identify electrical hazards (shock, fire, explosion, overloading) and to suggest electrical safety solutions
- Review of plant lightning protection system(LPS)on (need, adequacy, installation and maintenance)
- To identify areas of overloading by carrying out load current measurements and compared against cable current carrying capacity calculation.
- Review of plant Electrical single line diagram(SLD)
- Review of static electricity hazards in the plant operations (if applicable)
- Review of hazardous area classification and selection of flameproof electrical equipment in the plant, including maintenance aspects (if applicable)
- Review of electrical preventive maintenance system (including tests, documentation, history cards, etc).
- Review of electrical accidents and near misses in the plant to identify the root causes
- Review of electrical systems & procedures (work permits, interlocks, lockout tags, etc).
- Review of the importance given to electrical safety in the company safety policy, safety committee, continuous electrical risk identification, etc.
- Assessing the integrity of insulation of cables by carrying out insulation resistance tests on a sample basis
- Review of the earthing system (installation & maintenance aspects), including sample earth resistance tests
- Pre-Audit Questionnaire
- Physical Inspection
- Document review
- Management Briefing
- Draft Report Submission
- Final Report Submission